GDB monitor troubleshoot guide

1. I don’t receive notification.
Try logout and login again.
If you are using iOS8, upgrade to iOS 9 to try again. There are some issues for notifications on iOS 8.
Try logout,delete the existing app,then download the app again and login.

Check if you have changed any notification setting for the device in the monitor app.

Make sure “DON’T DISTURB” is not on.

2. After changing batteries, I don’t receive device update.
Try a factory reset and setup again.
http://forum.brocel.com/2016/05/01/factory-reset-for-gdb-monitor/
After that, upgrade to the latest firmware.

3. Can I use multiple email accounts for the same device?
Currently not. You can use same account to login on multiple phones.

4. my device offline, how do I fix it?
Disconnecting the batteries for 2 minutes, and re-connecting the batteries should fix the issue.
If the batteries are low, replacing the old batteries with the new ones.
The issue can also usually be fixed by opening/closing the door again.
If it happens very often for the device, contact us at garagedoorbuddy@gmail.com

5. I see the error message “Failed to add device”.
When you see this message, disconnect the batteries for 2 minutes, connect the batteries again.
Then tap the ‘add device to network’ button to setup the device again.

6. I’m not getting notification.
Try logout, then login again. If still not working, reboot the phone.

7. Can’t connect to my wifi network.
Check if you are on 2.4G WiFi.
Check if you WiFi SSID is hidden (SSID broadcast is disabled). If hidden, turn the “SSID is hidden” switch on during setup.

Try factory resetting the device.

If your 2.4G WiFi SSID is the same as 5G WiFi SSID, change the SSID to two different names. We had some issues with Cisco routers when two bands have the same name.

If you are using an Android phone and setup failed, please try using an iPhone or iPad.

8. If the Mac address filter is turned on for your router, add the monitor device’s MAC to the list.

9. Make sure you select “Allow notification” when asked.

10. If you getting this error after app upgrade. “Your input is invalid. Please fix it and try again. Bad request”. Please logout and login again.

11. If you don’t hear a long beep during setup and you hear a second two beeps instead, that means your battery has issues. Try another new set of batteries.

garagedoorbuddy has written 42 articles

One thought on “GDB monitor troubleshoot guide

1. sdf says:

My brother recommended I might like this website.
    He was totally right. This submit actually made my day.
    You cann’t believe simply how so much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>