The following items can cause interference with Wi-Fi communication:
1. Microwave ovens
2. Direct Satellite Service (DSS) radio frequency leakage
3. The original coaxial cable that may come with a satellite dish. Contact the device
manufacturer and get newer cables.
4. Electrical devices such as power lines, electrical railroad tracks, and power stations.
5. Cordless telephones that operate in the 2.4 GHz range. If you have problems with your
phone or AirPort communication, change the channel that your AirPort Express uses.
6. Adjacent base stations using nearby channels. For example, if device A is set to channel
1, device B should be set to channel 6 or 11. For best results, use channel 1, 6, or 11 when
operating your device in the 2.4 GHz range.
The farther away the interference source, the less likely it is to cause a problem.