Troubleshoot guide for GDB remote 2.0

GDB remote
Customer support email: garagedoorbuddy@gmail.com

1. Is my garage door compatible?
Check this article.
http://forum.brocel.com/2016/06/04/which-garage-door-openers-are-not-compatible-with-gdb-remote-2-0/

2. The GDB device doesn’t show up in the ‘My Devices’ list after initial setup. Or it was working but suddenly stopped working.
Is the LED on the GDB device solid green? If no, that means the GDB device is not connected to your router successfully. Factory reset the GDB device and try setup again. Check this link for factory reset. http://forum.brocel.com/2015/05/06/how-do-i-reset-the-password-to-factory-default/
Also check if it is power supply issue. Use another micro USB power supply and see if it makes any difference.

If the LED is solid green, please try
a) turn off your phone’s WiFi and turn it back on. Pull down to refresh the ‘My Devices’ screen.
b) If the device still doesn’t show up, disconnect the power supply of the GDB device and connect the power again. Pull down to refresh the ‘My Devices’ screen.
c) If the device still doesn’t show up, reboot the phone and pull down to refresh the ‘My Devices’ screen.
d) If the device still doesn’t show up, uninstall the App and re-install the app.
e) If the device still doesn’t show up, reboot the router.
f) If VPN is on, try turning it off.
g) If you have any WiFi extender, temporarily turn it off to see if the GDB device shows up.

3. It stopped working after changing my WiFi SSID or password.
Factory reset the device and setup again.
http://forum.brocel.com/2015/05/06/how-do-i-reset-the-password-to-factory-default/

4. I can hear the GDB clicks sound but the door doesn’t open or close.
Check the compatibility of the opener. Reconnect the wires and adjust how deep the wires are inserted to the terminals. Sometimes you can get a loose connection or the metal part of the wire isn’t connected to the terminal metal part well even though it feels the connection is tight. If it still doesn’t work after adjustment, unplug both GDB control wires and the wall control wires from the terminals. Use another wire to short the same terminals and see if the door opens or closes. If yes, that means it is still a wire connection issue. Try to connect GDB remote device on the wall control side.

5. ‘OneClick Internet mode’ doesn’t work.
a. try restart the device.
b. try Factory reset the GDB device.
c. Also try deleting the device from “My devices” view in the app. Then pull down to refresh “My Devices” view and the device will show up again.
d. Do you have any router setting that blocks the device from using certain ports or block the device from accessing internet?

6. When I use wall control to close the door, if I click the button in the GDB App, the door will reverse. When the door is closed, the door won’t open if I click the button in the GDB App.
This is probably because GDB control wires are connected to the sensor terminals on the opener. Double check the wire connection.

7. My device has worked perfectly for a while but stopped working.
a) reboot the router.
b) disconnect the power supply of the device and re-connect the power supply of the device.
If above steps didn’t fix the issue, factory reset the device and setup again.
If none of above works, contact customer support at garagedoorbuddy@gmail.com.

8. Password not correct when connecting the device to your router.
a) reboot your router to make sure router is not in a bad state.
b) check upper case and lower case to make sure the password is correct.
c) test the same password on another device to double check the password is correct.
d) change router’s password to a simple one and try again.
e) the password should be your router’s wifi password, not the GDB login password which is 111111 by default.

9. Stability issue. Sometimes I can’t access the GDB device.
a) check if your wifi coverage is strong enough. if you only get 2 Wifi bars or 3 Wifi bars on your cell phone when you stand next to the GDB device, it can affect the stability of the GDB device.

10. I have Genie overhead door. I can open the garage door but can’t close the garage door. When I close the garage door, the door comes back up.
Answer: Go to GDB remote app’s settings. Change relay closing time to 0.5 second. And upgrade the firmware version to the latest. It will solve the problem.

11. With firmware version 35 or greater, if you see LED blink green twice quickly every 2 seconds, that means Wifi signal is weak.

12. One Click internet mode is not stable.
Check if your device connected to guest WiFi of your router. Guest WiFi has limitation which can block the internet connection.

13. Firmware upgrade failed.
If firmware upgrading fails, try one more time. If it still fails, power cycle the GDB remote device and try again.

14. Do you have any antivirus software installed on the phone?  Does it make any difference if the software is temporarily disabled?

garagedoorbuddy has written 70 articles

3 thoughts on “Troubleshoot guide for GDB remote 2.0

1. Ricky Terzis says:

Hi..i am a new user here. Thanks for sharing such a useful information here. I was looking for this only and it will be very helpful for my remote troubleshooting. I will ask question if anything will be there.

1. admin says:

You can use multiple phones with the same email address for the same monitor device. We currently don’t support multiple email addresses for the same monitor device. Thanks.

Comments are closed.